The Crazy Hat Society Etsy Store Front!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Sunday, October 11, 2009

Making stuff..

I've been doing a lot of stuff lately... lol ... As most of ya know (if anyone reads this) I've been working on these World AIDS Day Hats for like a month now. And also trying to make a bunch of hats for my Hat Drive thing... which isn't working very well.... I have a bunch of hats ... tons of hats... but I keep running out of nice yarn to make the regular caps out of that i'm making for the hat drive... I have to stop buying yarn with my unemployment check things.... it sucks so bad I love yarn. I have a bunch of RED HEART yarn but those are for my animal hats ONLY!! the specialty yarns are mainly for embellishments, and the Hat drive hats that way they're nice and soft and the kids will like them. I really wish I had more time in the day but alas things always happen to pop up at the last moment and since I have nothing to do .."Obvisously".. I just say ok why not... and we go and do stuff, and I can't knit or crochet while I do those things to... it bugs me so bad I just want to crochet and knit my hats all the time.

It's what I love to do. I get to draw out these characters and then figure out how to break them down into basic shapes then I have to make those shapes out of yarn using only a size N-9.00mm aluminum Boyce crochet hook that i've had for forever, and a 36 peg Knitting Loom. Once all the shapes are made and in place I grab a embroidery needle and whatever color yarn I need and I sew all the parts together and mold them to the forms that I want. It's a lot like sculpting. I fill the parts up with some Poly-Fil and It becomes a 3D Yarn Sculpture.

It's a challenge to me and it's something that I can actually concentrate on for more then a few moments. That's amazing, cause I can't concentrate on anything unless it's been previously made into a list of things to do! It's kinda funny it's almost like I'm a squirrel or something. where they hide something in a random place so only they will know where it is and then the next time you go to look for it ... you can't remember ... but you find things that you were looking for like a week ago... it's a horrible cycle and one day I'll figure that out too.

But anyways I love making my crazy hats. they make me laugh and they make everyone who sees them laugh. even peple just driving by me here in Taunton, Mass I see them crackin up or taking double takes at what they just saw and smiling. That gives me joy. I also paint paintings just to give them to people later on. it seems.. Birthdays christmas you know hallmark holidays where you're supposed to give people stuff. I give them pieces of me through my artwork... It's how I show that I care about a person.... and really I love everyone... and if i could I would totally make the entire world crazy animal hats... but I don't have the funds ...

i need to get a job, to make some money, which means I'm going to have even less time to make my hats. it's obsessive I know but it's what I think about when I want something to do it's my perfect job... go anywhere and knit or crochet... what a dream lol ....

I just don't know how to do it... I was never taught how to make a business work and to keep it organized (although i do have my own pretty good system.. hasn't failed yet.. hopefully) and i snuck through the school systems ... how delightful right?... I kinda screwed myself outta of two colleges because i was a smart ass who was bored to shit and I didn't know what i wanted to do... i usually had to teach myself shit if i wanted to learn about it, and the only classes that i was interested in and were even paying any attention to were my art classes and not the padding classes ... which I should have choosen better classes anyways.... they should have been important too... I was a little dumb and should have kept my mouth shut most of the time ... I have this thing were if I know how to do something already I don't want to re learn it.. or have it taught to me like i'm a kindergardener... it's already there and set and I don't need to be belittled.... got the basics done in middle school and high school they were both pretty much the same thing that kept repeating its self to me for some reason... if it was something new to learn I paid attention... very well infact... if it wasn't something new ... i would doodle on my notebook and get kicked out of class for talking back a lot... and detention...and what not... I should have figured out what I wanted first but kinda got pushed into the situation... but whateves.

You show me how to do something though I'll remember after the first two times of you showing me and I'll never forget how to do it again... I'm excelent at problem solving and doing things independantly... mostly... unless i need help, then I get frustrated cause I ask for it and no one helps... so i just work harder and faster kinda burning myself up... making un needed or wanted stress for myself... i'm learning to fix it though through trial and error I keep finding more and more out about myself.

I try to sell my silly hats online on my Etsy shops The Crazy Hat Society and ShimizuAntiCorpArts the Shimizu one is actually getting transfered over ... rather slowly though I'm actually waiting for things to expire so i can transfer them... cheap i know... but.. i'm poor , so we'll just have to deal with it.. lol ...

Ok i've ranted enough to blow off some stupid jobless stress I think I'll return to my nurse bunny hat in waiting.... I'm kinda excited for this one I think it'll be cute the Lion came out better then even i thought it would... and the elephant one I'm so happy that my friend Mox suggested tusks on him... without them, he wouldn't be so cool. Thank to all my friends who have helped me put together my hat puzzles with all of your very helpfull critques...

Hope you all have a great day and be sure to visit my hats at etsy they get loney...

No comments:

Post a Comment